Oklahoma Latino Cultural Center and Oklahoma Contemporary invite Latino/a/x artists to submit work to be considered for a "Dia de Los Muertos" themed, juried art show on view from Oct. 18 to Nov. 2, as part of the Oklahoma Latino Cultural Center Festival. The festival will celebrate all aspects of creativity in Latino culture in Oklahoma -- dance, music, visual arts and more -- and will include a free, daylong event on Oct. 20.
Exhibition submissions are welcome from artists working in 2-D only, with a maximum length of 36” on any side INCLUDING frame. Any 2-D art is acceptable, including, but not limited to, paintings, photography, fiber arts, crafts, mixed media, drawings, works on paper, printed digital art, collage, etc.
For accepted works within Oklahoma and bordering states (Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas), Oklahoma Contemporary will pay for shipping each way via FedEx. Artists must cover their own shipping insurance. Works will be insured by Oklahoma Contemporary while they are on the premises.
• Maximum size for 2-D wall works INCLUDING frame: 36” x 36” (no exceptions).
• All works must be exhibition ready, with hanging apparatus attached.
• All glazing must be acrylic (no glass).
• Accepted works cannot be substituted and must be available for the duration of the exhibition.
• All works MUST be original -- no reproductions or giclee prints.
Aug. 10: Deadline for submissions at 11 p.m.
Sept. 1: Artists notified of acceptance into the exhibition.
Oct. 1: Exhibition-ready artwork delivered to Oklahoma Contemporary .
Oct. 18: Exhibition opens to the public.
Nov. 2: Exhibition closes .
For more information, call 405-951-0000 and ask for Curatorial and Exhibitions Director Jennifer Scanlan.